I decided to experiment design aspect with this challenge. I wanted to make stationary style cards by stamping and creating my own patterns. And the theme for the cards are Easter. Yes I made a set of two cards.
I used a few stamp sets from Simon Says Stamp on these cards. Considering the Easter theme, I wanted florals, easter images and some solid images. I picked Melody's Easter, Springtime Critters, Winter Flowers, Nutty About You, Blooming Day and Summer Garden stamp sets.
I used one white panel and one Fog card stock panel to stamp the images. Started with the largest image, I stamped clusters of images covering the entire panel leaving a few blank spaces. Most images are outline images but I also stamped some solid images. Most of the images are stamped overlapping each other. So there is no method to the madness. I kept stamping until I was happy with how the panels looked. I only coloured the leaves only using YG23 copic marker.
Then I trimmed the panels using the second largest die from Hero Arts Infinity rectangle die set. I adhered the white panel on fog card base and fog panel on white card base using foam adhesive. Sentiment is white heat embossed on a strip of black card stock and adhered as shown. No embellishments on the card as they are stationary styled card.
Here are the photos of the cards and their closeups.
All the supplies used to make the cards are listed below.
Happy Sunday everyone! I have a card tutorial to share today. This card is made using Taylored Expressions stamp set called Magical Days stamp and die combo. I made this card for the release in the month of Janurary 2017.
I received a request for a tutorial for this card. Sorry it took me so long to make it. It is here now. I decided to use the same process but change a little to make another card. I changed the colour, less details, less embellishments and slightly bigger panels. Here is the new card.
So here is the pictorial tutorial of this card.
1. I stamped and coloured the dragons from Magical Days stamp and die combo using copic markers. I used R20, R21, R22, YG01, YG21, YG17, YG23 and YG25.
2. For the background, I sponged distress inks - Abandoned Coral, Dried Marigold, Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint. I loooove the colours together. One of my favourite colour combo.
3. I stamped the Cloud Nine background stamp on the sponged panel using Taylored Expressions Sugar Cube white pigment ink.
4. I die cut this panel using the third largest stitched rectangle die and another white panel using the largest stitched rectangle die from Stitched Rectangle Stacklets.
5. I die cut the dragons using the coordinating dies and white heat embossed the sentiment on Oreo cardstock which I then die cut using the smallest banner die from Banner Stacklets 4.
6. To assemble the card, I adhered the sponged panel on the white panel using foam adhesive, the dragons on the sponged panel using foam adhesives as well.
7. The completed panel on the Sugar Cube card base flush and sentiment flush on the sponged panel.
8. I did not add enamel dots on this card. You can add Taylored Expressions Oreo enamel shapes is you wish.
Here are some closeup photos of the card.
Below is a list of all the supplies I used to make this card.