Saturday, November 22, 2008

Addicted 2................

I made this layout titled " Addicted 2...." for two challenges

Challenge 1, is Elle's challenge on www.debscreations.net.au

The challenge said:
My theme is "addicted!"
everyone has something they just cannot live without in their lives....so i want you to scrap about it!!!
the only proviso......it cannot be related to anything scrapbooking related sorry kids, i know we are all addicted to this, so i want to know what else you are addicted to
requirements are pretty simple:
1. you must incorporate some blue cardstock into your LO
2. the title must be med to large in size and include the word 'addicted'
3. at least two pics, any size you want
4. some scalloping on the page
5. some paint must grace the page as well, but it can be as much or as little as you want, plus you MUST add some glitter paint (ie. kindy glitz or similar)

Challenge 2, is a sketch challenge from http://roadmaps.aussiepubcalls.com.au/
I have used this sketch for Elle's challenge.
I had multiple photos and this sketch was perfect.



This is my take on the challenges:



Description of the layout:

1. Background is a coredination black card stock.
2. I then used a solid blue color card stock and cut 2 long rectangles with scalloped edges, with my DD's fancy scissors. These pieces of papers are distressed on the edges with Tim Holtz's Brushed Corduroy distress ink. Then, used a piece of bubble wrap and black paint and painted on the blue pieces of card stock.
3. I printed mini photos of my addictions, my kids, coffee, my shoes, shopping bags for shopping and a picture of myself.
4. I used K & Company Blue Awning paper and cut out the flourishes. I highlighted these flourishes using Kindy Glitz Aqua glitter glue.
5.The flowers are from Prima and Green Tara with brads in the middle.The wooden flourishes are from Kaiser.
6. I have arranged all the pieces as per the sketch and used Heidi Swapp Blue Ocean Alphas for the title "addicted 2" and a chipboard arrow dressed with Kindy Glitz Aqua glitter glue to point at the photos.
7. I have used on Bella black chipboard heart shape near the photo of myself with my children to symbolise "love"
8. Using a white metallic pen, I have handdrawn the border and Kindy Glitz Slick White for the dots around the blue pieces of cardstock.

Here are couple of close ups.


Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

Gayatri

No comments: