Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Curly Locks.........

This layout I made for www.tearbears.com.au challenge in www.debscreations.net.au
The challenge says:
to use lots of RIBBON
but... it must NOT LAY FLAT... twist it, twirl it, twine, it do whatever,
but it must NOT lay flat on your layout
must also inlcude: a single photo, buttons & stitching.
Description of the layout:
1. The background paper is from Basic Grey. I love the paper because of the dark green colour or olive colour with some water color effect on it. Just beautiful. I am starting to like Basic Grey. I love the Scarlet range and Urban Couture range too.
2. The photo is my DD when she had her latest hair do. all curls and layers. Oh I just love it. But you know when I was little I had the same curls and I hated it!!!!! I remember my mom telling me that it is just beautiful, all the curls........... but I wanted it straight!............
Now it is myelf saying the same thing but............. fortunately my DD loves curls too.
Glad she like it. No fights over that for now!
Got carried away!!!! OK, no distressing on the photo, just matted on black cardstock.
3. I made a flower with the American Craft Pink Ribbon. Love the shine on them and the texture is great too. It does not easily get scrunched at all. I have also used a circle cut out of transparency, placed under the ribbon flower to lift the flower and a button in the centre of the flowers to add contrast. I also used green and pink ribbon and twisted it and attached it around the purple and the piece of crate paper.
4. The rest of the flowers are from my favourate Green tara and Heidi Swapp. The tiny flowers are from Bella chipboard stickers.
5. The flourishes are from my stash. all of them had couple of showers of purple and green Glimmer Mist.
6. The journalling pad is from Bella Journalling pad. The title tag is from my stash which also received a shower of Glimmer Mist and dried using heat gun, after the title was stuck on to it.
7. Stitching is obvious around the corners of the pattern paper and I have added white beads to it as well. There are other places in the layout, where I have hand sewn for added interest.
Enjoy the closeups and the layout and please leave your feedback in the comments.













Hugs

Gayatri

2 comments:

elle said...

wow gayatri, im loving that ribbon flower!!

top scrapping, as always :)

Angela said...

Love this Gayatri:) that flower really is striking along with the page:) TFS Angie