Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mr!............ Damn Age is getting to me!..............


This layout is for Deb's challenge #2 on www.debscreations.net.au

The challenge says:

....................Scrapping to Music Challenge!!!.................

With this Challenge, I give you the Song title & you must scrap a LO using the name of the song as your title! The song Title this month is.........................

MR DAMAGE BY THE ANGELS

you can use anything you like for this layout Ladies anything goes, so have fun be get creative.

Description of the layout:

1. Dark brown card stock as the base, which is distressed on the edges and inked with Versa color black ink.

2. A piece of pale blue card stock is roughly torn by hand into a medium size rectangle. I used Versa color pinecone and pale yellow inks and dabbed them around the blue torn cardstock placed on one side of the background brown card stock.

3, I have used only one pattern paper here. Kaiser Mocha paper. I cut it into a medium sized rectangle , distressed the edges and inked them using Versa Color black ink. I have used the damask side up for this piece. Another smaller rectangle piece of the same kaiser pattern paper is used. This time, the Mocha side up, I have hand torn, curled and inked the edges using Versa Color Black.

4. I have stamped the rest of the brown card stock with Heidi Swapp Damask Stamp with Versa Color Pale Yellow ink.

5. The photo is also distressed and inked on the edges using Versa color Pinecone ink.

6.I cut out 2 circles and2a flower shapes from transperancy sheet and used them as a layer between Green Tara flowers. The flowers are held together with brads.All the flowers are inked randomly using Bella golden ink pad.

7. Kindy Glitz Aqua is used to give texture, glitter and shape to the circle and flower transoerancy cut outs.Similarly the flourishes are also given glitter and texture using the Kindly Glitz.

8.Rub on is from my stash, golden sparkly flourishes are from Bella, the journalling tag is also from Bella journalling pad, Golden circular frame from my stash, felt die cuts damask is from SEI

9. I have interpreted the title to be used a bit differenlty. Instead of Mr. Damage as it is, I used it as " Mr.!! Damn Age is getting to me!". Journalling says "am getting wrinkly, hard to read tiny words, getting layers of chin,multitasking is hard and many more. Damn! age is getting to me".


Enjoy the some close ups of the layout.








Thanks for looking

Hugs

Gayatri

2 comments:

Ruth Philps said...

I love your acetate layers in the flowers, they really add dimension to them.

Beautiful blog too.

TFS xxx

Angela said...

FANTASTIC Gayatri:)

Love everything about this layout and what a brilliant take on the challenge:) Great to see thinking outside the square in regards to the title. ***** from me Hugs ANGE