Thursday, November 13, 2008

Us.............


I received my DT pack from Dalena (www.uproar2scrapmore.com.au). OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I was excited so much looking at the papers!!!

Yup!! Fancy Pants About a Boy Papers.
Very cool papers, bright, distressed, lovely oranges, blue, green and brown. I also loved the ribbons in the pack and there is a glitter cut as well.
I am very enthusiastic about using these papers.


This is my first layout for www.uproar2scrapmore.com.au for the month of November

Description of the layout:

1. The base is coredination cardstock Green color also sent by Dalena. I have distressed the edges using Heidi Swapp edge distressor. Oh!!!! this is so convenient than the scissors. Will put a photo of it tomorrow. I got it from my LSS for 2$.The edges are then inked using Tim Holtz's Ranger Frayed Burlap distress ink.

2. The blue PP is from Fancy Pants, About a Boy Expression pattern paper. This paper is again distressed on the edges using Heidi Swapp edge distresser and torn randomly and then curled.
I also used Tim Holtz's Ranger Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to ink the edges. I then used green thread and stitched the torn edges of the paper, which again was dabbed with Furyed Burlap Distress Ink.

3. The pieces of paper layered inside are from Fancy Pants About a Boy-- Peace and Chillin. Both the pieces are frayed using Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser and inked with Tim Holtz's Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.

4. Flowers are from Green Tara, half of a large yellow flower sent by Dalena and couple of flowers from Maya Road Velvet flowers. I have used Kindly Glitz, Aqua and Slice White to add dimension and sparkle to the flowers.

5. I have also cut out 2 circles out of transparency and used Kindy Glitz Slice White to add dots around the perimeter. I layered them between the flowers. They add extra interest as well as extra dimension to the flowers.

6. I have added rub ons and flourishes from my stash. The flourishes are also give the same treatment as the transparency circles for added interest and extra dimension to the layout.

7. The journalling is written on a journalling tag from K & Co Blue Awning journalling pad. The journalling says, "Little thing matter in making and keeping the family together. Celebrating festivals, sharing jokes or work and being there for each other are a few things. We are family."

8. The title "Us" is from K & Co Blue Awning chipboard words. Oh I love them. Using every bit of them carefully. The chipboard word is distressed using Frayed Burlap Distress ink to give it a darker look. This makes the title stand out.

9. There is a brown lace I bought from my LSS. The photo was taken earlier this month on our Diwali day. The photo is frayed on the edges using Heidi Swapp edge distresser.

Hope you enjoyed reading the description.

Here are some closeup for you.





Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

Gayatri

1 comment:

vicmbee said...

All the distressing and I love the white dots the LO looks awesome. I love your blog LO too.