Monday, August 2, 2010

PDCC#40


Hi everybody (Imagine a tired with dark circles under my eyes look!), Where did the weekend go? I thought Saturday just started. I cut out for a card on friday night, thinking I will finish on Saturday and post it on my blog too! Gosh! two days just disappeared very very quickly. I was telling my friend that I feel like my feet are attached to roller skakes permanently! Kids are participating in Eisteddfod end of August and I was driving them around for classes, practice and sorting out costumes over the weekend. I have  to run around for choosing tiles, carpets and other things for the new house on weekdays.Sigh! Just came back from the builders. Its Monday afternoon and I could just about complete the card and write this post. Thanks for reading my ramblings :) Let me get to the challenge and card.

This week's challenge is Black and White with a splash of Green.
Here is the picture for you.


Here is my take on the challenge.



Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI's Stampers Select White, SU's Basic Black, Vellum and Kiwi Kiss
Stamp Set: PTI's Butterfly Dreams and Signature Greetings Sentiment and SU's Fifth Floral Avenue
Inkpads: SU's Whisper White craft ink and Basic Black 
Accessories: SU's Elegant Bouquet embossing folder,Cuttle Bug, White embossing powder, Kaisercraft's Black and Green rhinestones and SU's corner punch.

I really enjoyed making this card.  Thanks a lot for the color splash challenge:)
Have a great week!
Cheers!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful!! I really love everything about it, the textured background, the embossed flowers..wow..stunning!!

Kara said...

really pretty...love the white on white.... with all of that texture makes it so interesting!!

Ash said...

Very beautiful... I would say LUSCIOUS!!!! I am SLURPEE!!!! It is a wow! Every bit of it is out of this world.... I love those embossed & the other flowers...... I envy u.... Hugs ))))

Ash...
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Lisa Somerville said...

So pretty, the flowers look wonderful on top of your embossing, as well as the subtle splash of green! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Dana said...

Just gorgeous Gayatri!

Ted said...

Gorgeous card, Gayatri! Simply elegant. :)

Jen Carter said...

Gorgeous!! Stunning!

Erica said...

So soft and pretty!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is FAB! I love all that white space--and the pop of green on the gems and butterflies! FABBY!! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous flowers from vellum and the layered butterflies are beautiful! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a fabulous card, Gayatri. I love the elegance and beauty of this card. You did a fab job!

Jennifer K said...

Wow, love the white on white! Gorgeous!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow ....the vellum and the embossing totally make this a beautiful card!!! Love it Gayatri!