Thursday, September 23, 2010

Framed!!!!!

 We framed few butterflies this Wednesday in the class. I wanted to do a canvas project but could not find 10 canvas of the same size in any of the shops in my town. Duh! Anyway, I bought 10 frames instead and made this Butterfly frame art.


Each butterfly (SU butterfly punch) layer has 2 vellum butterflies, then one Real Red/Sahara Sand butterfly, followed by 5 vellum butterlfies and finally a embossed Real Red/Sahara Sand butterfly, all adhered using black brad. This butterfly layer is mounted on a layer of Real Red/Sahara Sand scallop circle cardstock and scallop vellum circle stamp with the Artistic Etchings medal stamp (SU Stamp). The centre butterfly has a tiny tag (SU punch) with "thanks so much" sentiment on it (also SU punch).I have removed the glass from the frame and added a Very Vanilla cardstock instead.
Looks a bit plain I think! Will twik a bit and post another photo later.
Weekend is nearing again! Gosh! days just fly by and before I know its another week. I am still hoping for my life to slow down a bit. School holidays start next week. Atleast no more taxi service and waking up early in the mornings and rushing. OK, Aditi are calling me for skipping since today is a gorgeous 24 degree day. Got to go now. Until next time...
Cheers!

1 comment:

Priya Venkat Designs said...

Very elegant looking, Gayatri. I'm sure the kids had a great time making these.