Saturday, November 3, 2012

I love this card


so I want to share it with you. I made this card for the PC call but didn't get picked up!
I did receive happy mail for three projects. Thank you so much PC magazine!
I love the background stamping. I am so happy with the result.

 Here are the supplies and instructions on how I made it:)


Cardstock: Vintage Cream and Pure Poppy from Papertrey Ink. Stamp Set: The Sweet Life, Delightful Dahlia and News Prints Stamp Sets from Papertrey Ink. Ink: Pretty Ink Pink, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Sand Sahara, Certainly Celery and Olive Old from Stampin’ Up! Archival Jet Black Ink. Accessories: Orange  rhinestones from Kaisercrafts, Red Bakers Twine from Twinery, Cutterbee scissors.


  1. Make card base. 
  2. Trim 4 ¼’ x 5 ½’ cream cardstock panel.
  3.  Stamp second generation news print and three step stamping of the rose cluster.
  4.  Fill the gaps with leaves. 
  5. Stamp the rose using the three step stamping technique on a scrap piece of cream cardstock and fussy cut it.
  6.  Stamp the leaves using the two step stamping technique and fussy cut them too. 
  7.  Glue the flower and leaves as a cluster.
  8.  Stamp the sentiment on the strip of red cardstock. 
  9. Adhere it to the stamped panel. 
  10. Adhere a piece of red baker’s twine to the back of the rose cluster and mount it to the panel using foam squares. 
  11. Accent with the rhinestones. 
  12. Finally glue the panel to the card base.
 
Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

15 comments:

Hussena said...

Omg ...i almost fainted this is so so gorgeous Gayatri...love the colors and your Awesome stamping...what were the PC guys thinking...they let this one go??

Michelle said...

I love it too, Gayatri! Congratulations on having three cards picked up! That's awesome!

maria f. said...

What a beauty this is - the BG looks like gorgeous PP. Great choice of colors and stamps. Congrats on the PC publication :)

Caryn said...

Just. Wow xxx

Caryn x

Stephanie said...

Stunning card! & congrats for getting so many projects picked up - woooo!!!! xxx

Lin said...

Another beauty from you, Gayatri! It's been pinned.....

Anita Rex said...

It's so pretty! Great news on 3 projects picked up! :> I really like the twine hanging on this card!

Deeps said...

Hi Gayatri. I saw this card on SCS & loved it. It was only after I clicked the link to your blog did I realise that it was the same Gayatri whom I met on scrapbook.com.
Getting back to the card. It is so pretty & the bg looks like patterned paper.. Very pretty. I will be visiting you more often now. Take care.

HappyCrafter said...

This is stunningly beautiful! The background is especially impressive.

jintyoo7 said...

eI am astonished this didn't get selected, it is beautiful. All that layered stamping takes time and precision. I am very happy to hear you have three selected - that is marvelous news!

Chunyuan said...

love this card. Gorgeous stamping.

Lea L. said...

This is gorgeous!! Love those stamped flowers...they are amazing!!

Suzanne said...

I love this too, Gayatri! Stunning! I am sorry it wasn't picked up.

Sue said...

what a great loss for them, they have missed out on this classy card! :)

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely stunning Gayatri!