Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Gallery Idol Round #3


Hiya Everybody,

Round #3 of Gallery Idol! I am pinching myself to see if it is true that I made it to round three. And yes I have! Yay! I sincerely thank you all who voted for me in round #2. Hope you will do the same for this round too:)





 For round three, the theme was to make our own stamped background. It sounded easy yet tough for me due to two reasons. First time constraints I had. I am on vacation in Vancouver as you are reading this. And I had less than 24 hours to make my card. Secondly, I was totally zapped looking at all the stamps and deciding what to do! OMGee! deciding what to do which stamp to select took a lot of time. I made three cards but I choose this card to submit for round #3. 


I have used Plano stamp and the coordinating smaller version of Plano in the You are the Best Stamp Set for this card. I have done a lot of masking and stamping to get this graphic background. To add colours, I used Copic markers to colour. I just love the depth masking technique gives and the pop of colour. Since the background is busy and colourful, I have added two strips of black card stock upon which I have heat embossed the sentiment (from Lil' Inkers Design) using white embossing powder. I chose this card for round #3 because the technique involved, graphic background, the depth it gives and the pop of colours.

Hope you like my stamped background. If you do like it, please vote for me. 
Please visit this link and vote for me.

Thanks for stopping by! 

Hugs!
 photo gayatri_signature_zpsac2827ca.png

11 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Fabulous masking, Gayatri! Good luck to the next round!

~amy~ said...

WOW! Love all your masking and coloring...awesome work! Good Luck and hoping that you're on vacation in Vancouver, it's such a pretty city and only 4 hours from me!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your masking is amazing Gayatri!
Love this fun card.

Jamie said...

This is just Fabulous!! Good Luck!!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! Love the masking and design! Good luck to you!!!

melania deasy said...

Amazing card...love your background, the colors and design!!

Kim S said...

This is SO much fun - it's absolutely 3D!!

Unknown said...

My jaw dropped when I saw your card. The patterns combined with the coloring is so stunning! Good luck to you!

Kelly Griglione said...

YAY!! So in love with your card, Gayatri!! Huge congrats : )

Mary-Anne V said...

congrats great card...love the selective colouring.

Renuka said...

Loved this card ...you are amazing Gayatri.. I visit your blog everyday..and get blown away...Congrats