Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Runway Inspired Challenge #79


Afternoon folks,

New Runway Inspired Challenge is here! For this challenge we are honouring fashion at the recent Academy Awards. Miss Taheerah came up with this brilliant idea! So each DT choose their favourite fashion from the Academy awards red carpet as inspiration to make their card. So here is mine.




Initially I wanted to go for Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter. Something about Cumberbatch is mesmerizing to me ;)  But the fashion was too plain for me to work with. So I choose Jennifer Lopez because copper and bronze are the current trend. I love love the sparkle and shine on her lace gown. She is just beautiful.
Copper and bronze colours are my inspiration. Here is my take on Jennifer's fashion.

I heart you1

I have used Penny Black's A Day in Paris stamp set on my blog. I love the French chic girl images in this set. I thought they were perfect for this challenge. so I stamped the image of the girl reading book and the little dog and coloured them with copics. I also stamped the sentiment from I Heart You stamp set also from Penny Black vertically balancing the images. To add some shine and texture, I have used Tsukineko's Copper Irresistable to the flowers on the dress and the brie. Finally accented with more copper elements like the Bronze flat sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and the gemstones from Hero Arts.  I matted this panel with shiny  copper cardstock and then on to the card front.

I heart you clsoeup1

Check out Runway Inspired Challenge Blog to see which DT member chose what fashion and their project inspired by the fashion.

Come and play along.

My blog signature

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

so pretty Gayatri. Great idea to use Jennifer Lopez's dress for inspiration.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous! I love how you stamped the sentiment!

I Card Everyone said...

Gayatri I, too, love those darling French chic stamps! Fabulous card, brilliant embellishing!
=] Michele

Nora Noll said...

This is awesome. i LOVE your take on Jennifer's dress. That stamp is super sweet and I love your coloring. Really, really great design!!