Monday, August 10, 2015

Let Your Dreams Set Sail!


Happy Monday everyone!

Sharing a nautical card using Simon Says Stamp stamp set called Sail Away stamp set and coordinating die from Splash of Color release,

Let your dreams set sail

I started with stamping the card front with the anchor stamp from the stamp set using yellow pigment ink. I like stamping the background with pigment ink because the ink sits on top of the card stock thereby maintaining the intensity of the colour. 

For the focal point, I stamped, copic coloured and die cut the sail boat. I then sponged a white cardstock with Mermaid Lagoon distress ink and die cut using Splashy Waves die cut. I then rubbed some Perfect Pearls to give a metallic look. Thanks Jennifer McGuire for the video, I love the iridescent shimmer the Perfect Pearsl give on distress inks. The sentiment, I simply stamped using Lipstick Red ink on a strip of white cardstock.

To assemble the card, I trimmed a vellum cardstock an inch smaller to the card front. I foam mounted the Splashy Waves die cut in three layers on the middle of the vellum panel. Then the sail boat on top of the waves using foam adhesives. I also adhered the sentiment strip using foam.

Let your dreams set sail closeup

Finally mounted this vellum panel on the card front using foam adhesive behind the die cut to hide them. I embellished with some iridescent sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
I have listed all the products I have used to make my card below for you.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. 

My blog signature

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Gayatri. Just love the whole design.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card Gayatri!! Love it