Thursday, December 17, 2015

Happy Holidays!


Good morning! I am so thrilled that today is the last day of the school year. My son will be finish year 10 and daughter year 8. We will start summer holidays from this evening for one and half months. At the same time, I am dreading having to deal with couple of teenagers for that many days. Since we are not going anywhere overseas I have figure our what to do!!!  My boy is starting his driving lessons, doing community services and continue his guitar. But Aditi does not have much to do other than do community services and practice piano. I think they need some fun stuff to do. I don't want them to hang around with friends all the day long. That is not fun. A huge challenge for me. Any ideas what you guys do with your teenagers especially your girls?

Today I have a holiday card share using Pretty Pink Posh's new stamp set and dies.

Happy Holidays card

I have used masking technique and sponging inks to create my background. I die cut the images from Holiday Pals coordinating dies using masking paper. I adhered them randomly on the card front. Then sponged Ice Spruce and Evergreen Bough distress ink all over the card front. Then I removed the masks and stamped the corresponding images from Holiday pals stamp set in black ink. I already love the contrast of colours on the card front. I did not colour the images because I like them as it is. You can colour them if you like. To frame the focal point, I die cut the smaller scallop rectangle stitched die from Scallop Frames dies in coral glitter paper. This is from American Crafts. I adhered this to the cenre of the card front using foam adhesives. I stamped the sentiment from Holiday Pals stamp set in black on a strip of white cardstock, adhered this on a piece of vellum using foam adhesives and the vellum on the centre of the scallop frame using foam adhesive as well. Finally embellished with gold 6mm and 4mm sequins.

Happy Holidays closeup

Hope you like it. I love that the card is different in colour combination which I think makes it unique.

All the products I have used on my blog is available at Pretty Pink Posh store.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

My blog signature

1 comment:

Berina RGA said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love the color!! Hope you have a great summer holidays with your kids :)
-Berina
Moxie Craftie