Monday, May 16, 2016

Special Friends - A set of Penny Black cards!

Hello everyone,

Hope you had a great weekend! Mine was busy but busy is good. Better than hectic I should say. Then weather is also getting cold from chill. Enjoying the weather change. Hope you are all too. Anyway, I have a set of two card using Penny Black stamp sets. Both my cards using Woodland Friends stamp set. I white heat embossed the images on watercolour paper and watercolour them. The sentiment is from Mimi's Love stamp set. Here is the first card.

Special friends card #2

Special Friends card #1

I die cut a frame out of the water coloured panel, popped up the frame and inlaid the inner panel. The background pattern paper is from Beau Jardins pattern paper 6x6 paper pad. Finally embellished with sequins. Here are the closeups.

Specila friends card #2 closeup


Special Friends card #1 closeup

I have coloured both the images using Zig Clean Brush pens. I use these pens to colour intricate and detailed images. I feel I have better control with these pens. I add a bit of colour on the shading areas and then use aqua pens to pull the colour and fade out. I also added glossy accents on the ears, tails, hearts and flowers for extra dimension. Then I also added some shimmer using Wink of Stella.

Special friends card #2 flat

Special Friends card #1 flat

Here are the two stamp sets and pattern paper pad I used to make my cards

mimi's love picture
Mimi's Love
 
beau jardins picture
Beau Jardins

All the products are available from Penny Black store.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

My blog signature