Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Simon Says Gift It!


Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge


Thank you for joining us for the Ice Inspiration Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

Gift It

You could choose to make a gift, a gift card, or add an image of a gift to your project. there are so many ways to interpret this challenge! We will be looking forward to seeing what you create!
This week we are showcasing Mama Elephant Products.  You don’t have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store.
I have used Mama Elephant's Lucky Envelope Die to make a gift card holder.


SSS gift it challenge

The technique I used to make this envelope is a CASE of Kristina's Holiday Card Series 2016 Day 25. Her cards are my absolutely favourite in the the series. Love the technique. So I did exactly the same. I watercoloured my watercolour paper using Gansai Tambi watercolor blue hues. After the paper was dry. I die cut the panel using the envelope die. And then ran the die cut using a Next Level Wave embossing folder. Love the texture on the panel. It is difficult to show the texture on the envelope. But trust me it is there Lol!  Then I assembled the envelope. This envelope fits an gift card perfectly.


SSS gift it closeup

To decorate it I used Simon Says Stamp's Snowflakes for the Season die to die cut the leftovers of the watercoloured panel as well as a silver cardstock. I used the largest two of the die in the set. Then layered the glued them with the silver die cut in the middle. I added a clear droplet at the centre. I adhered this on the envelope with a vellum square die cut cut using the die from Lucy Envelope Die. I also die cut a rectangle panel using another of die from the envelope die set and the left over watercoloured panel. I stamped the sentiment from Arctic Christmas stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. I adhered this panel on the envelope using foam adhesives.

SSS gift it challenge flat

So now it’s YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting


Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven’t subscribed by email you may want to so you don’t miss out.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw.
Card Supplies:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
My blog signature

7 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Beautiful, gorgeous colours ! Sending hugs x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous gift envelope Gayatri, the colours and snowflakes are fabulous,very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Virginia L. said...

Rich and beautiful! I love how you CASED Kristina's card! Well done, Gayatri!

Lin said...

This makes me smile all over, Gayatri - just love these blues!

Stephanie said...

Stunning gift card holder, Gayatri! I love the blue and silver color combo!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

jenn shurkus said...

whoa! the blues on this are just so so so pretty :) have a fabulous weekend!!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous gift card holder Gayatri! The colours and snowflakes are so pretty xxx